Wednesday, August 3, 2011

3 days, 5 hours, 54 minutes

As I lie here, I can't help but think about where I'll be this time next week. I keep wondering what it will be like to be so far from America. I grew up here. America is my home. Everyone tells me that we're really lucky here. We have a lot more luxuries here; although I do believe them, I don't think I quite understand what they mean. I'm still Little Miss American Girl, who never had to live without. I've always been under the shelter of my parents and of how great we have it here. In a way, I'm afraid to leave that shelter. In a way, I don't want to see what lies beyond the borders of the ol' U.S. of A. But I also feel an urgency like never before to meet people that are completely different from me and to be somewhere completely different from here. Not only for myself, but for them and for God, too. I feel like I owe it to everyone around me to do this. My missions team, myself, my family, the Colombian people, and to God. I know that if I could just make a significant difference in just one person's life, this whole thing would be worth it. The hours of practice, all the money and help that went into this, and all of the work that not only I put into it, but the work that my friends, family, and donators put into it to get me on that plane. If I could just put a stamp on one person's heart, I can go home happy. But, I know that the reason for all that practice, money, and work was not for ME to make a difference, but for God to make a difference through me. I'm going to start  packing tomorrow, and I'm not just gonna pack my clothes, I'm gonna pack away everything that's gonna distract me from that purpose. Right now, all that matters to me it God's Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment